How we can help
We work with young people for up to a year who are having trouble with housing, family, school, work or friends to develop and implement a plan to get life back on track.
YFS is experienced in helping young people deal with issues and challenges. Your YouthLink worker can help you work out what you want and how you want to get it. For example we can help you:
- connect with family and community
- find a safe, stable place to live
- engage in school, training or employment
- manage self harm or alcohol and substance use
- lead a healthy, violence-free life.
We can also link you with whatever other type of help you need along the way. And if you give us your permission YFS can work with any other people in your life, such as family, friends, school or government agencies.
Who is eligible
Young people aged between 12 and 18 from the Logan and Redlands areas who are:
- homeless or at risk of homelessness
- not at school and not working
- engaged with Youth Justice or Child Safety or at risk of it
- disconnected from family and community.