How we can help
The YFS Money Smart service can help you:
- identify how much you have to spend each week
- understand the bills you have to pay
- seek out better deals on regular bills like electricity, gas, and telephones
- improve your money management skills.
We also provide community education to groups about financial topics such as home energy costs.
And if you’re an AGL customer who is having trouble with your energy bills, we can assist you to get back on your feet.
Our Financial Counselling service assists people who find themselves having difficulty paying off regular bills or are having trouble paying off debt.
Our Problem Gambling Financial Counselling service works with people who are in financial difficulty because of gambling problems.
How we can help
Our counsellors work with people to understand their financial situation by providing information, setting goals, developing budgets and sorting out immediate financial problems.
We work with you to:
- create a personal budget so you know how much you have to spend
- improve your financial planning and setting goals
- counsel you through tough financial situations
- advocate on your behalf with people or companies you owe money to
- help you make informed decisions to resolve your financial difficulties
- link you with other local services or sources of support as necessary
We also work with people who have have financial problems caused by gambling including sports betting, poker machines, scratchies, or lotto tickets.
We help you develop strategies to protect your funds and reclaim sense of control over your money.
We undertake community education activities and work with local gambling venues to spread the messages about good financial management.
Who is eligible
Anyone from Logan and surrounds, 16 years and over, that:
- finds themselves in debt or unable to pay their bills for any reason
- thinks they may have a problem with gambling, or
- has a family member who is a problem gambler.