Thank you for donating to YFS. Your generosity is appreciated!
So many people in Logan are want to work, but are finding it almost impossible to get a job.
Some are like Amber. They are fleeing domestic and family violence, keen to make a fresh start for their kids.
Others are like Anne, who comes from overseas and can’t access most Australian employment services or income support.
Some are young and leaving care for this first time, hoping to make it on their own.
Others are like Donna, who has been out of the workforce for years raising children and are struggling to develop the IT skills needed for today’s job market.
While the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting us all, it’s hitting these people even harder.
The YFS Spark program offers a great lifeline, but government funding has ended and we need your support to continue.
Can you contribute to this important work?
You can make a real difference to someone getting a job.
- $20 can top up a Go Card so a jobseeker can travel to an interview.
- $50 can go towards mobile phone credit so a jobseeker can call potential employers.
- $100 can help a jobseeker buy smart clothes for an interview.
- $250 can cover the admin fee for a government-funded course, so a jobseeker can update their qualifications.
- $500 to $1000 can help a job seeker get a forklift or heavy vehicle licence.
- $5000 will contribute to the costs of our employment mentoring program to help people get back to work fast.