Jobs @ YFS
ParentsNext Employment Preparation Case Worker
Why join us
- Join Logan’s leading community services organisation that’s been backing vulnerable people for 35 years.
- Be part of a small, yet dynamic team that punches above its weight to achieve great outcomes for mums and dads wanting to return to the workforce.
- Benefit from a supportive work environment, great salary packaging (free of Fringe Benefits Tax) and above industry pay rates.
- Take on an exciting part-time opportunity (Monday to Thursday 10am to 2.30pm).
About the job
Role location: Slacks Creek (potential for some outreach across Logan)
Role type: Permanent, part-time (18 hours a week)
Pay range: $69,724 to $75,799 a year pro rata, based on experience
We are looking for an ambitious, confident and reliable part-time Case Worker for ParentsNext, our employment preparation program. In this job, you’ll help parents with young children prepare for future employment so they are in a better position to enter the workforce by the time their children start school. You will:
- engage with participants and assess their work readiness, including training and personal development needs
- develop participation plans for clients, and monitor and report progress
- facilitate client engagement in planned activities
- develop information resources for clients and staff
- undertake administration associated with client records, participation fund claims and outcome payments.
You will meet the key capabilities outlined in the related position description. In addition you will bring the following: a client focus, resilience, flexibility, inclusiveness, a collaborative spirit, creativity, innovation and cultural awareness. Ideally you will have experience with employment systems software.
Send us your resume and a one-page covering letter outlining what you will bring to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Monday 22 October 2018 at 5pm
Interviews are scheduled for Friday 26 October 2018.
At YFS, we make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people living in the Logan and surrounding area. And we want our staff to thrive, too. So we offer great opportunities to develop your career.
We’re serious about your professional development. Half of our managers have been employed from within. And we empower each other to make decisions and try new ways of working.
We know that a happy workplace thrives. We recognise that staff have their own needs, so we encourage you to bring the entire you to work. Depending on your role, we support a number of flexible work arrangements.
Also, we offer great employment benefits including above-average pay rates, generous salary packaging (exempt from Fringe Benefits Tax) and counselling support.
To find out more about working with us, head to www.yfs.org.au/workwithus.