Jobs @ YFS
YFS is a leading not-for-profit organisation working with vulnerable people in Logan and surrounds. YFS offers a range of services including family support, DV programs, financial counselling, employment preparation and housing case management. We are uniquely positioned to help families achieve real change to end inter-generational disadvantage.
part of the Community Recovery Package
Part time (15 hours p.w.) fixed term until 26 October 2018
$77,078 pro rata
(plus superannuation and salary sacrifice options available)
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Financial Counsellor. This position is based in Beaudesert and involves travelling between various scenic rim locations including but not limited to Boonah, Rathdowney, and Jimboomba. The successful applicant will be content with driving and working in different locations, be versatile, robust, agile and able to work autonomously.
The successful applicant will :
- Be a Financial Counsellor and be able to provide a full range of advice including but not limited to advocacy with utilities and creditors, assisting clients to access concessions and subsides and negotiating complex financial issues
- Be proficient and confident to present community education sessions and engage with other key stakeholders involved in the community recovery at a local level and establish links with workers funded under other components of the Community Recovery Package
- Have a collaborative approach to ensure clients are actively involved
- Have sufficient keyboard skills to prepare documents and financial statements (eg letters and excel budgets) with clients, during sessions.
Attractive salary sacrificing includes a tax free salary component which means more in your take home pay. You will also benefit from training and on-going professional development, and a supportive working environment.
Applicants are initially required to submit a resume and a one page covering letter expressing interest in the position and alignment with the position description’s qualifications.
Closing date: 12pm, 28 February 2018
Interview date: 12pm 7 March 2018
Business Operations Manager: Exciting opportunity to build business capacity in a dynamic not-for-profit organisation
(plus superannuation and salary sacrifice option available)
YFS is transforming. We need an energetic Business Operations Manager to help us build our capacity as we grow and change the way we work.
YFS Ltd is a leading not-for-profit service provider in Logan City. We provide effective holistic responses to people experiencing issues like homelessness, family dysfunction, youth disengagement and financial crisis. We have developed innovative initiatives including an e-waste recycling enterprise, new ways of working with vulnerable families, and a youth-led domestic violence prevention campaign.
We need a savvy all-rounder to help us improve our capacity to do this work effectively and efficiently. Your role would be to:
- Drive change management, technology and infrastructure projects
- Support ongoing improvement in the quality of our services
- Monitor and maintain our financial viability
- Oversee improvement of our HR practices
- Provide management oversight for our award-winning social enterprise, Substation33.
We need someone who can go from hands-on to strategic as leader of a small multi-disciplinary business and corporate support services team.
To succeed in this role you must demonstrate the following:
- A relevant business or commerce degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proven ability to lead, coach and motivate a diverse team successfully
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with managers and staff across a diverse service delivery organisation to achieve change that works on the front line of service delivery
- An innovative, collaborative, robust, resilient and resourceful approach with the ability to work strategically and operationally in a busy work environment and across all areas of responsibility
- Personal attributes of ethics and integrity
- Capacity to position YFS for future success and sustainability
A commitment to YFS’ purpose of building independence and participation and improving the lives of people who are vulnerable and disadvantaged.
Attractive salary sacrificing includes a tax free salary component which means more in your take home pay. You will also benefit from training and on-going professional development, a supportive working environment and a monthly accrued day off for full-time employees.
Applicants are initially required to submit a resume with a maximum of 2 pages highlighting how they meet the competencies outlined above and what they can offer YFS.