We currently have the following vacancies
To keep in touch with new opportunities follow us on LinkedIn.
Find out more about working for us.
Behaviour Change Facilitator
Are you an experienced Behaviour Change Facilitator looking for a challenging and rewarding role? If you’ve got what it takes to guide men to critically reflect on their behaviour, attitudes and beliefs, this could be the role for you.
You’ll be part of a collaborative, well-respected team standing tall to end domestic violence in Logan.
About the job
Role location: Slacks Creek
Role type: Permanent part-time, 8 days per fortnight (32-hour week)
Pay range: $89,042 – $93,073 (pro rata) a year based on experience, with salary sacrificing available.
In this role you will:
- prioritise women and children’s safety through risk management and group work with men.
- guide men to critically reflect on their abusive and controlling behaviour, attitudes and beliefs.
- need to be familiar and work in accordance with legislation and practice principles, standards and guidelines.
- have a deep understanding of the gendered nature of domestic violence and evidence that you have applied this understanding in your practice.
- be available for one evening each week, working from 12 noon to 8.30pm on that day.
- benefit from working in an innovative team, with a strong practice framework that increases safety for women and children and holds men accountable for violent and abusive behaviours.
Aside from meeting the key capabilities outlined in the related role description, you’ll be a great fit if:
- bring an understanding of gendered violence and a feminist practice framework.
- have a collaborative team approach to enhancing the safety of primarily women and children, and a person-centred approach to men who have used violence and have complex histories and needs to increase their motivation to change.
- are interested in trying new, innovative approaches to meet the demands of the community.
Read Advice for Job Applicants and check out our Organisational Chart.
Send your resume and a one-page covering letter outlining what you will bring to the job to [email protected].
Closing date: Monday 24 April 2023 at 12pm.
Interviews will be scheduled with shortlisted applicants as applications are received.
Contact Brodie on 07 3826 1500 if you want to talk about the role.
People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people who identify as part of the LGBTIQA+ community, are encouraged to apply.
At YFS, we make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people living in the Logan and surrounding area. And we want our staff to thrive, too. So, we offer great opportunities to develop your career.
We’re serious about your professional development. Half of our managers have been employed from within. And we empower each other to make decisions and try new ways of working.
We know that a happy workplace thrives. We recognise that staff have their own needs, so we encourage you to bring the entire you to work. Depending on your role, we support a number of flexible work arrangements.
Also, we offer great employment benefits including above-average pay rates, generous salary packaging (exempt from Fringe Benefits Tax), portable long service leave, counselling support, and free parking.