We currently have the following vacancies.
Locum Solicitor – Generalist (Community Legal Centre) for three months
Why join us?
- Join YFS Legal, a community legal service that provides free legal advice and support to vulnerable people in Logan.
- Make a real difference in people’s lives.
- Be part of Logan’s leading community services organisation that’s been backing vulnerable people for 36 years.
- Benefit from working in a diverse and progressive organisation.
- We will consider full- or part-time to suit the best candidate.
About the job
Role location: Slacks Creek, Jimboomba, Beenleigh and Cleveland Courts
Role type: Maximum term for three months (potential to be extended), with flexibility for casual, part-time or full-time hours (a minimum of 16 hours a week) for the right candidate
Pay range: $84,826 to $90,729 (pro rata) per year based on experience, with salary sacrificing available
We are looking for a motivated, responsive and professional solicitor who can relate to vulnerable people.
In this job, you will:
- help people experiencing legal difficulties with legal advice, and legal tasks associated with domestic violence, family law, civil law and criminal law as well as provide domestic violence duty lawyer representation for respondents
- deliver community legal education to marginalised people that assists them to understand the law and their rights
- link people experiencing legal issues to other services such as financial counselling, mental health, domestic and family violence, housing and employment.
Aside from meeting the key capabilities outlined in the related role description, ideally you will bring the following:
- a client focus
- a commitment to justice and equity
- a collaborative spirit
- cultural awareness.
We require an experienced solicitor, with at least three years of post admission experience and an Unsupervised Practising Certificate from either the Queensland Law Society or the Bar Association of Queensland.
Send us your resume and a one-page covering letter outlining what you will bring to the job to email@example.com.
Closing date: Applicants will be reviewed when received
People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
At YFS, we make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people living in the Logan and surrounding area. And we want our staff to thrive, too. So we offer great opportunities to develop your career.
We’re serious about your professional development. Half of our managers have been employed from within. And we empower each other to make decisions and try new ways of working.
We know that a happy workplace thrives. We recognise that staff have their own needs, so we encourage you to bring the entire you to work. Depending on your role, we support a number of flexible work arrangements.
Also, we offer great employment benefits including above-average pay rates, generous salary packaging (exempt from Fringe Benefits Tax) and counselling support.
To find out more about working with us, head to the Work for us webpage.