How we can help
ParentsNext prepares parents for employment by helping with:
- skills – basic skills like literacy, social skills, job-specific knowledge and job search know-how
- confidence and motivation – helping parents feel positive about your prospects
- stability and challenges – sorting out issues that make it hard to work.
Some people will find a job or start education or training while they are in ParentsNext; others will improve their readiness to do these things in the future.
We also welcome parents of young children who are on a Parenting Payment and want help getting ready for work but aren’t referred by Centrelink. If you think you would benefit, give us a call!
Who is eligible
YFS ParentsNext welcomes eligible parents from Logan.
Some parents will be referred by Centrelink as a condition of receiving the Parenting Payment.
We also welcome parents of young children who want help getting ready for work but aren’t referred by Centrelink.
If you think you would benefit, give us a call!
How we can help
Mainstream employment not your thing? Create a brighter future.
Spark is an exciting employment initiative for people in Logan who want to live their best lives.
We can light the way and connect you with opportunities to create a brighter future by supporting you with:
- job searching
- business development so you can start your own small business.
We listen to your dreams, your goals and aspirations and then work with you to create a pathway to achieving them.
Our Spark workers can support you to:
- develop your job search “know-how”
- gain knowledge and training about specific jobs
- connect with prospective employers
- find and access volunteering opportunities
- gain business training, mentoring and support
- develop your confidence and motivation – helping you feel positive about your prospects
- enhance your stability and work on your challenges – helping you sort out the issues that make it hard for you to work.
Not everyone fits mainstream employment. Not everyone wants a full-time job.
Regardless of your circumstances, we have an out-of-the-box approach to supporting you.
If you’re interested, take the first step by contacting us.
07 3826 1500
Is Spark for me?
Spark is ideal if you:
- have experienced homelessness and want to find work or improve your skills and work readiness; or
- want to move into self-employment or start your own business and need some help with this.